Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new favorite sweet for SugahCakes! Visiting Ireland for the first time, I tried a bread and butter pudding at The Hairy Lemon in Dublin. Wow! and I thought I knew bread pudding. For years I have made the Bon Ton bread pudding from New Orleans, and trust me I always will, but this bread and butter pudding will be my next dessert I try at home.
This is the week my husband and I had planned a boat trip to the warm waters of Florida. It isn't often that both of us can manage a week off - so I was devastated when the trip had to be abandoned because work on the boat was not complete. But James the younger (or the 4th ) saved the day! A Delta pilot, he got us a first class trip to Ireland on space available (being winter - there was plenty of that) and my Marriott points got us a fabulous room at The Shelbourne in Dublin center city. The festivities for the New Year were right outside our hotel.
I have always wanted to visit Ireland, but as usual never quite managed to make time. Now I am inspired! Can't decide if the cupcakes next week will be Bailey's cream, Irish coffee or perhaps a Guinness!
Of course, no trip to Dublin would be complete without a tour of the Guinness Storehouse. Perhaps a little Guinness to our dark chocolate cake would be the perfect compliment.

This past few months have been very busy for the elves at SugahCakes. Kristen outdid herself with hundreds of her special SugahCookies. There is no comparing the usual decorated cookie with royal icing to her soft, delicious almond flavored treats....and they are adorable.

As soon as we get the new year started look for an even bigger selection of these treats. This year look for more SugahCakes flavors. Our fans at holiday markets are asking for more.
All in all 2013 looks to be busy and we've only just begun. So enjoy the sweet life and let us know your favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design Studio (© Copyright 2011)